Thursday, October 9, 2008

YKB BAND ON THE ROAD!

Week One:
I have left this as late as possible to ensure nobody misses a minute more than they have to and so that nobody has to endure a minute more than it is possible to write at 3am in the morning.
We’re on tour with the Holidays at the moment. We went to Mona Vale, Canberra and The Filth at Beach Road Bondi, perhaps you were there? If not, where were you? And why didn’t you invite us? We invited you to our thing!
(Sigh)
Ok.
I forgive you.
Lots of interesting stuff happened though –
Charles gets up early. (GASP!)
We coerce a vegetarian into paying more than she could afford to enter a meat raffle that was rigged by a ring of sinocentric back slapping butchers that dupe us into parting with what scarce cash money we have. (Luckily Chambers had brought with them cheap champagne, consumption of which is at once a celebration and a penance, so after a time we could come to peace with it. The vegetarian could not though, as the champagne label announced it may contain fish products. I tried to cheer her up with an interesting anecdote I’d heard earlier involving a midget but that just led to several more anecdotes involving websites which just depressed everyone.)
Chris and I take coffee in a very strange theatre restaurant before being asked to leave.
Seans’ brain explodes and he plays Eddie Current Suppression Ring ‘Which Way to Go’ and Nirvana ‘Rape Me’ back to back in a dance club. (I make up for it by dancing effeminately with the coordination of a newly born giraffe.)
Grand final night - Part I: I continue my annual tradition of desperately trying and failing to hide my complete lack on knowledge or interest in football.
Grand Final Night – Part II: I continue my annual tradition of getting whole heartedly drunk despite my indifference.(which I consider a testament in equal parts to my openness to all that life has to offer and my indomitable enthusiasm for tying one on.)
I wake up next to a giant sheep’s arse and eat a country sized portion of baked beans. (That’s a lot of beans.)
So you really don’t want to miss out when we come to your town you see.
Hmmm…What else – Oh yeah - We had MEGA CHICKEN for tea, on recommendation of the Holidays.
Great guys – They’ve been playing great sets every night and are in fine form, modestly claiming not to be when we tell them so; shut up YOU OLD LUGS! We trade EPs. We win because we’ve heard ours loads of times and theirs is excellent. SUCKERS!
For us, each night is the first night that we go on with our new set of songs. To play them live is a nerve wracking and enthralling experience for us. Each night proves not just another show for but the proving ground for everything we have been working on recently. At the end of the month we will fly to Los Angeles to make our first record. Already we can feel the difference performing has had on them and get more excited and nervous about the whole situation.We’ve still got all your old favorites as well though in there such as “Running with the Devil” and “Pour Some Sugar on Me” so DON’T PANIC. (Stick around for our famously raucous joint band encore as well. You will regret not regretting you did.)
BREAKING NEWS: we have NEW T-SHIRTS as well! (They are black) The new songs and new t-shirts have been holding weekly support groups to talk about the issues they are facing.
THANKSto Trevor. We are indebted to the Stubbs and Trevor and to Tony of the Filth. I hope you will not mind me exposing my deep seated neurosis and no that I mean no offense when I say thank you for being lovely as opposed to axe-murderers. (I suspect almost everyone else could be axe-murderer, but I welcome you both to my inner sanctum.)
In a revolutionary change we do not go to the Big Prawn (in Ballina obviously!) for dinner on the way home. We begin to feel guilty at betraying the place that has always been so good to us and end up stopping there for ice cream, which in turn makes us feel evenmore guilty. Powerlessly trapped in a vicious cycle, we will stop again before the journey is out.

Thank you for sticking with the blog right till the end, I hope you enjoyed reading. Do stay tuned for our vivid accounts of our experiences in Adelaide, Perth, Bunbury and Fremantle. We are very excited to be off there as it’s our first time. Until next week, Seacrest out.
*Excerpt taken from M. Tomlinson’s’ recount of the unfortunate adventures of Sizzlebot, Cribble, Chong Choozler, Lord Hignett, NavMeg and the Booby Prize at the turn of the century.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home