Monday, June 30, 2008

NEW WOLF & CUB....

JOEL - WOLF & CUB

I’m not quite sure where to begin. Blogging is a very foreign concept for me, I mean I’m aware of the notion of ‘blogging’ and I’ve visited many ‘blogs’ but to be a practicing ‘blogger’ has never come naturally to me. I don’t know why, perhaps its because I never kept a diary or maybe I’m just too self-conscious. Anyhow I suppose the best place to start when writing a blog is to write about what’s on your mind, heres whats on mine.

Wolf & Cub, the band I’m in seems to be dominating my thoughts at the moment, well not just momentarily, actually it’s been my obsession for the last 6 years. I hate having an obsession, as it can be such a winless battle, you’re never satisfied. That’s not to say I’m never proud, truth be told I’m feeling very proud of what we’re doing at the moment and what we’ve done.

Anyway, the band is dominating my thoughts more so at the moment because we’re in the process of recording the new album. It’s going well, very well actually. We’ve enlisted Chris from the Bumblebeez to produce it for us and it’s a decision that I’m starting to be proud that we made. We’re recording a lot of the album at his hometown studio in Braidwood and even though its got mice running around at the moment, the place has a good vibe and we feel comfortable, so that makes for a positive working environment.

We have also just released the first single, which is out June the 5th, and currently on a little tour to promote it. By the time this goes to print we’ll be half way through the tour, so with that in mind lets go ahead and just say that the first half of the tour was great, the shows were astonishing! It has been triumphant return to the live scene for us.

Also if you’re interested the new clip for the single should be floating around on the internet, it was made by SPRPPL, the team that is also responsible for most of our artwork, the clip is another example of the team’s ability to make something out of miniscule budgets and it’s a partnership that I’m grateful for. Anyhow the clip is good and we’re proud of it so hunt it out on youtube or visit our myspace (myspace.com/wolfandcub) to have a peek at it.

Ok be back soon, gotta go finish the album, talk soon.
-Joel

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home