Monday, July 7, 2008

Wolf & Cubssssssssss

JOEL - WOLF & CUB

Ok so here we are again another blogging attempt from me, I think the last one was ok so I’ll stick with the same formula for this one. Unfortunately, Wolf & Cub still seems to be on my mind probably because we’re still on tour and also because the single is being released officially this Saturday on July the 5th. I’m excited but very anxious. It’s been almost two years since the last release and I’m a little concerned that we’ve been forgotten. Thankfully the shows have sold well and the crowd seem receptive to our new material. So you know that’s a positive thing.

Actually by the time this goes to print we would have again already played the upcoming shows in Melbourne and Adelaide, so with that in mind here is a review; each show sold out and both were equally electrifying, they will be remembered as definite highlights for Wolf & cub fans and the band themselves and seen as fitting end to a successful min-tour.

The shows in Sydney and Brisbane were actually pretty good, I know I gave a pre-emptive review on my last post that said that they went well, but I’m now glad to report, post-performance, that they went as well as I predicted, or perhaps ‘hoped’ is more accurate. Both shows did actually sell out so that was great, and for any who missed out, there is some footage from the Annandale show up our myspace so check it out at www.myspace.com/wolfandcub. Thanks to both Valley Studios in Brisbane and The Annandale in Sydney for looking after us so well. Also thank you very to the people that showed up.

So what’s next after the tour? Well we head back into the studio to complete the record. At the moment we’re about a quarter to a half way through, and things are looking good! To be honest I didn’t really want to have this little break from recording but Chris Colonna, the guy who is producing the record, had some touring commitments overseas with his band Bumblebeez that just happened to conflict with our recording time. I have to say though I really think its worked out well, we were able to do this little tour and we’ve also been able to assess what we’ve done so far and just a get a little bit of perspective on the record so far. Now we can’t wait to get back in so it’s also helped motivate us, I guess you need to come up for air every now and again.

My next post will be straight from the studio so stay tuned, until then.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home