Monday, November 10, 2008

From the hand of Scott Horscroft

So, it has been a big month, in a big year, in a big life of 31 years.

For those who don't know me, I'm Scott Horscroft. I've been a mixer, producer and engineer at BJB studios in Surry Hills in Sydney since 2003. Before that I experienced being an sound & noise artist, a music composer, lecturer, and world explorer.

I did plan to take a holiday with my mother for three weeks this October to clear my head and put up my feet, but am now in the last week of that extended holiday and i haven't left the grasps of the studio (which I am not complaining about, but my taste buds do miss the French wine and Spanish Stews)!

I've been up to a lot lately, from recording the amazing young band The Protectors to the swooping Matt Walters or Levity's own brilliant John Steel Singers. The records keep getting made and my world keeps getting crazier, busier and more exciting. We have also had Dappled Cities in at BJB Studios for 28 days doing a record with Chris Coady from New York. From all accounts it is sounding great.

I have had the privilege of being able to work with The Presets, who took home three big boys at the ARIA awards for their album Apocalypto. Whilst I didn't attend the evening, I definitely made the most of the champagne provided by the beautiful people at Modular. I also celebrated the ARIA success of The Panics, who were nominated for four awards, as well as two artisan awards for Best Engineer and Best Producer. I'm so proud of all the effort made by these talented performers, and it's great to see their audiences recognise them and reward them for all the long hours spent slaving away over their music.

Although it seems the international music industry is riding the rollercoaster of change its great to hear that so much music is still being produced and sydneys live music scene is in better shape than i can remember in the past 10 years

Your thoughts ?

See you next time.

Scott

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home