Monday, July 21, 2008

Australian in Paris

Kristy Bradley (ex-YEN)

Bonjour, Bonjour

We've all got tragic stories of housemates who turn out to be absolute nightmares. So I'm not surprised when I inspected a room at an acquaintance's house in Newtown recently, she wanted to interview me. For inspiration, she actually looked up a website that specializes in questions to ask potential flat mates. I couldn't help but laugh at her, actually I couldn't but laugh after every question she asked me. Hmmm, perhaps that's why I didn't get the room???

One of the questions was 'what are your hobbies?' I didn't have an answer. I sat there silently for a few moments, pondering my existence and what I did with my life. Bing. Does shopping and hanging at the pub count? Nope. So, after not scoring the room and realizing that I didn't have any hobbies I put myself to work. I tried knitting, cross-stitch and crochet. Check. Boring. Check. So, I decided to dedicate all my spare time (i.e. when I'm not shopping or at the pub) becoming obsessed with Paris. Oui, Oui. Part of being obsessed with Paris means that you have to keep tabs on all the catwalk shows that occur in this fashionable city.

There's a lot to be learnt trawling through the Internet to seek out pictures from Paris Fashion Week. Like who is the latest musical muse Karl Largefeld has his leather clad fingers wrapped around. Last year it was Cat Power, now this year, after closely inspecting the front row at the recent Chanel couture shows, it would seem that Australian artist, Micky Green is his latest and greatest muse. Mikey Green, aka, Michaela Gehrmann, is an Aussie now living in Paris and is signed to Universal Music in France. See, I'm not the only gal in town who 'adores' Paris.

Her music is kinda poppy, definitely bluesy and has an indie edge to it. For those lucky peeps heading to the Super Sonic Festival, August 9 in Japan, you can catch her there. Otherwise, hit up You Tube or her MySpace – www.myspace.com/mickygreenmusic


That's all for now my cherries,


au revoir! xx

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home