Tuesday, July 8, 2008

SEX, TV & ROCK N ROLL

KRISTY BRADLEY

I was very bad this week and handed my blog copy in terribly late!! What a blogocracy! But it's very rock 'n' roll of me, right?

Congrats to Joel from Wolf and Cub for handing his in on time. Ha! I saw him play at The Annandale Hotel last week and his band totally rocked out. I love music that takes you on a mind tripping adventure and makes you forget about life on the outside. Mission accomplished. There isn't a bad thing I can say about this gig except how friggin' annoying it was having three drunk Scottish dudes dancing like they were at a Rave. I guess we've all got one of those stories?!

Ok, that's as much rock 'n' roll as you're going to get from me this blog!

There's a matter of great concern that I must explore this week:

While watching another Sex in the City episode - I admit I've watched every season at least three times and I've just recently seen the movie – I realized that music doesn't play a huge role. Firstly, you never hear them listen to records at home, buy music, talk about music or more importantly when it comes to SITC episode to have dated a musician. Carrie dabbled once; remember when the jazz guy she dates liked to played her like a double bass. Music doesn't seem to hit the SITC radar.
It's an atrocity that not one of the gals dated a 'black skinny jean wearing' band dude. There isn't a single Fab or Albert Hammond Jnr in sight (side bar: he's dating London It model, Agyness Deyn). Calling out to all you up-and-coming film/TV makers who are sick of watching SITC and all those me-too shows that are now playing on commercial TV, it's time to flash your creative gear and create a TV show about four girls who love to have sex with musicians, drink lattes and wear fabulous shoes.
Love and fat tunes,
Kristy xx

P.S: If you get a chance to see a Dappled Cities gig do so. I saw them play their new music last week and they were amazing.